The next goal, milestone, achievement, challenge. In a fast-paced, business-oriented environment, entrepreneurs, business leaders and high-performers often get caught up in the ongoing quest to achieve.
But how is this impacting them?
Professionals must take a hard look at the pressures and expectations that burden them today and how their past experiences have informed and contributed to these struggles.
Such efforts can easily lead to stress, anxiety, burnout and a fundamental lack of fulfilment. So, how are professionals meant to shift their approach to work and find a more sustainable sense of well-being?
The best way is to implement new strategies to handle these challenges. Some of those may include
- Learning to say no to others – overburdening yourself is a leading cause of burnout. Being able to say no sets boundaries, priorities & balance.
- Commit to your priorities and develop strategic plans to utilise your resources
- Reflect on your accomplishments and set achievable future goals
- Schedule in time to do something nice for yourself.
- Add a stress-release activity into your routine – this could be as simple as reading a book, taking a walk or meditating for mindfulness.
- Use your PTO – take a day to reset yourself, away from distractions and stress.
Every individual approaches the stress and tension of work differently. There is no cookie-cutter approach to handling potential burnout, unfortunately, so strategies that are adopted may need to be adapted to suit a specific individual’s situation.
It is also important that you understand that the first step towards working on your well-being begins with you. No one else can do the heavy lifting for you. The resolve to start must come from you.